When doing research in a community, it is useful to understand where oppression comes from, how it functions, and how community members experience it. This section contains lessons that can help youth understand this important topic.
- To understand assumptions can lead to stereotypes and unfair judgements about individuals and groups
- To recognize how stereotypes and biases affect our lives
- To grasp the importance and power of government
- To learn about rights protected under the US Constitution and Bill of Rights
- To think critically about the significance of rights and their absence